Email settings for any Email Client except Mac Mail (Outlook, iPad, etc.):
Be sure to replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name.
Your/Display name: anything you want
Email address: enter the full address ([email protected])
Type of connection: POP3 or IMAP
Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing mail server does require authentication.
Incoming mail port: 110 for POP3, 143 for IMAP
Outgoing mail port: 25 (If 25 does not work, try 26, as some ISPs block port 25)
** No SSL boxes should be checked **
Note: If you want a secure connection using SSL, please refer to the related article.
Username/Account name: must be the full email address ([email protected]).
Sometimes this setting won't work until you replace the @ with a + in the username.
Password: the email password. Do NOT use SPA (secure password authentication).
Warning for iPad users: If you have already setup your email incorrectly, you cannot simply update the settings to be correct. Instead, you need to fully delete the account from the iPad, perform a hard reset, and recreate the entire account with the proper settings.
Mac Mail Setup
- Open up Mail.app and press Command+Comma to invoke the Preferences window.
- Switch to the "Accounts" pane and press the + button in the lower-left corner.
- Under "Account Information", fill out the following information:
- Select "Add Server..." from the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) pop-up menu. Here are the details for it:
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.your-domain-name.com
- Server port: 26
- Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): NO
- Authentication: password
- User Name: [email protected]
- Password: your email password
- Dismiss the window by pressing "OK."
- Back in the "Accounts" pane, switch to the "Advanced" tab and do not check the box marked "Use SSL" towards the bottom.
What is the imap path prefix?
The correct code is INBOX (all caps).